Help / FAQ
Need answers? Having trouble? Here are some questions other sad, confused people like you have asked.
If you don't find your ridiculous problem here, contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please don't send email straight to me if you have problems. It's not that I don't care but the support guys know how to work the system and can hook you up faster.
- How do I book Louis for a show?
- For booking inquiries, contact Michael Berkowitz at email@example.com.
- What precisely does this site sell?
- Here you can buy both digital copies of Louis C.K.'s standup performances, and tickets to his live tour dates. Digital performance copies are available in various formats: video, audio, or both. Once you purchase one of those, you'll be shown how to view or download the show.
- What format is the digital material in?
- The downloadable video files are H.264 encoded in an MP4 container. Audio files come in two formats: lossless FLAC and MP3. If you're not sure what FLAC is, download MP3. The audio downloads are available split up into tracks for ease of use. All the files should be playable in any modern system. We recommend the free and open-source VLC player for playback.
- How do I pay for things?
- For digital performance copies, we support payments via Amazon, PayPal, Dwolla and Bitcoin. You can use an existing balance with a provider, or a credit card, and so forth. For tickets, you can pay with any method the ticketing provider supports.
- Are there any restrictions on what I can do with copies of shows?
- For full information on this, please refer to our Terms & Conditions. But in short, the terms are "reasonable personal use". Once you bought a show, it's your to keep forever and watch/hear on any system you like. Please do not redistribute, broadcast, modify or sell the material.
- Does it matter where I live?
- We do not have any geographical restrictions on the service. However, our payment providers might, so if you run into that, drop us a line and let us know which payment providers do serve you.
- Do I need Flash to watch the shows?
- No. Streaming is in HTML5 direct video mode where available. Flash kicks in if you don't have a compatible browser.
- The digital shows are too cheap! You should have a donate button.
- We think $5 is a fair price for these shows. If you want to contribute more, we suggest that you use our "gift" function to send the shows to friends or enemies.
- I never got my confirmation email after buying.
- Check your spam folder. If you still can't find it, please contact support directly.
- I hate it. How do I get a refund?
- If you would like a refund, please contact our support staff with your payment receipt, and they can take it from there.
- My downloads are slow and/or got interrupted.
- We use Amazon Cloud and Highwinds for distributing the digital files, and they find a server closest to your location for the best possible speed. However, sometimes connections can be slow. If you have trouble:
- Try using a download accelerator like DownThemAll!
- Try another internet connection if possible
- Streaming is glitchy or doesn't work.
- Our video streams are true adaptive streaming, and this should work on any browser. If your connection is slow, they will automatically adjust to a lower-quality. If this does not work, below the video is a link to lower the technology level to a regular standard-definition stream.
If neither of these options work, the first thing to do would be to try another computer or connection. If you still have no luck, please try downloading the file and transfer it to whatever device you prefer to watch/listen on.
- I'm getting a picture, but no audio.
- Please try the "lower tech" alternative stream first. Some devices, including Smart TVs, can be less compatible with true streaming audio. If this does not work, try changing the way you're watching it - for example, playing it through a set-top box like Apple TV, Chromecast etc. If none of those work, please contact our support staff.
- I tried to download something to my iPad/iPhone/Kindle/Xbox and it didn't work.
- Although some of these devices can stream audio & video, most of them cannot save downloads. If you would like to download the shows for viewing on your device, download it to a computer and transfer or sync the file from there. If you don't know how to do this with your device, please contact support at the device's manufacturer.
- I tried to burn a DVD but it didn't work.
- The video and audio files we provide are as mainstream and compatible as we can make them, so they should work for the vast majority of software out there. Unfortunately we're not able to offer support for DVD burning. If you need help burning a DVD, please contact the manufacturers of the software.
- I have problems playing a downloaded video.
- Please try VLC Player (videolan.org/vlc) which should be able to play the file fine. If you continue to have trouble, try another download or contact support.
- I came to buy CHECK IT. Where did it go?!
It was great releasing CHECK IT here on my site. Now, it's continuing release on other
video-on-demand platforms: Amazon, iTunes, Google Play, etc.
If you already bought it here, it's still available to you on your account.
- I came to buy Tig Notaro's show. Where did it go?!
It's been really great hosting Tig's show on my site as a prerelease.
And now she's going to make her show widely available through iTunes and other outlets.
Please follow the link provided below to find the new home for "Tig Notaro LIVE".
If you already bought it here, it's still available to you for any downloads remaining on your account. Otherwise, go to iTunes.
Go, Tig. Live.
Download Tig Notaro: Live on iTunes »